Thursday, Oct 2, 2014
Museum of Learning
Explore a Virtual Museum of Knowledge
Image Gallery :: Virginia (pinnace)
** images are derived based on close guess matching, may not be exact. - Thumbnail images link to source website and full size image and additional content.
Related Resources :: Virginia (pinnace)
- Maine's First Ship - As few as 70 of the original 120 colonists built the sturdy pinnace Virginia,
beginning Maine's long tradition of quality shipbuilding with 4000 ships built just
- History of the Popham Colony - Maine's First Ship - William Strachey tells us that the surviving colonists would not stay without him,
and all departed on the newly arrived Mary and John, and their pinnace, Virginia.
- Maine's First Ship - Bath, Maine - Non-Profit Organization | Facebook - Maine's First Ship will build a 51-foot reconstruction of the pinnace Virginia; the
first English ship built in North America. http://www.mainesfirstship.org/. Photos.
- The 1607 Popham Colony's Pinnace Virginia: An in-context design ... - Mar 1, 2013 ... At first glance this book promised much. However, it is a disappointment. The first
question, which remains unanswered, is what is meant by ...
- Construction of 1608 popham colony ship replica stalled by sluggish ... - Aug 27, 2014 ... BATH, Maine — The pinnace Virginia has faced challenges both times it's been
built. First was the harsh winter of 1607-1608, when the vessel ...