Sunday, Dec 21, 2014
Museum of Learning
Explore a Virtual Museum of Knowledge
Switch (corporal Punishment): Punitive Switching
Related Resources :: Switch (corporal Punishment) Punitive Switching
- Punishments - Alfie Kohn - The data overwhelmingly show that corporal punishment makes children more ...
In some cases, the change is purely semantic, the implication being that a
friendlier ... Like other forms of control, the use of punitive consequences often
enrages .... it's unclear how many parents resort to punishment with the goal of
- Corporal punishment: Spare the rod | The Economist - Nov 15, 2014 ... GEORGE STEWART'S teacher in Jamaica used to wait by the school door with a
switch to punish tardy pupils. His parents whipped him, too.
- Corporal punishment - New World Encyclopedia - Jun 22, 2013 ... Corporal punishment is forced pain intended to change or punish a .... testify to
the historical or persisting prominence of this punitive target in many cultures. ...
The judicial system followed the Navy's example and switched to ...
- Tweet of the Night: Tracy McGrady explains why being hit with a ... - Sep 13, 2014 ... Usually, it came in some form of physical punishment, and a tool frequently used
(apparently) by many was punitive switching. ... Unfortunately, those who grew up
getting switched largely feel that the method is a good way to ...
- School Shooting Fatalities and School Corporal Punishment: A Look ... - school shooting deaths found in states allowing school corporal punishment ....
Not only does this cultural dependency on punitive measures for societal control
... nomenon, changing a policy that reflects cultural values may, over time, ... 2
years (1988 and 1995) to examine stability of the estimates and direction of