Saturday, Mar 28, 2015
Museum of Learning
Explore a Virtual Museum of Knowledge
Statute Of Winchester 1285
Image Gallery :: Statute Of Winchester 1285
** images are derived based on close guess matching, may not be exact. - Thumbnail images link to source website and full size image and additional content.
Related Resources :: Statute Of Winchester 1285
- Statute of Winchester - Oxford Reference - 1285. Edward I's reign saw a determination to enforce law and order. After
complaining that local people were reluctant to do justice to strangers, the statute
- Origins of the Metropolitan Police: Parish Police - The Open University - In 1285 the Statute of Winchester required that all householders should take their
turn during the summer months to patrol their neighbourhood. Householders ...
- Statute of Winchester - Wikisource, the free online library - Mar 20, 2012 ... 1-6 (U.K.). Statute of Winchester. [Assented to 8th October, 1285.] Fresh Suit shall
be made after Felons and Robbers from Town to Town, &c. 1.
- History of Constables and Policing in Pioneer York Toronto - Authority for local law-enforcement derived primarily from the Statute of
Winchester (1285), which, although essentially a codification of much earlier
- Chapter 5 – History and Structure of American Law Enforcement - The Statute of Winchester, in 1285, formalized the constable-watch system of
protection. One man from each parish was selected to be constable. Citizens