Wednesday, Oct 22, 2014
Museum of Learning
Explore a Virtual Museum of Knowledge
Separate Car Act
Image Gallery :: Separate Car Act
** images are derived based on close guess matching, may not be exact. - Thumbnail images link to source website and full size image and additional content.
Related Resources :: Separate Car Act
- Separate Car Act (Louisiana, United States ) -- Encyclopedia ... - The case originated in 1892 as a challenge to Louisiana's Separate Car Act (
1890). The law required that all railroads operating in the state provide “equal but
- Background Summary & Questions (•••) | www.streetlaw.org - In 1890, Louisiana passed a statute called the Separate Car Act, which stated "
that all railway companies carrying passengers in their coaches in this state, shall
- Louisiana Separate Car Act of 1890 - History Commons - [Source: Wikimedia]The US Supreme Court rules 7-1 in Plessy v. Ferguson that a
Louisiana law requiring “equal but separate accomodations for the white and ...
- Plessy vs. Ferguson - Library of Congress - The Court's “separate but equal” decision in Plessy v. ... –also known as, the
Louisiana 1890 Separate Car Act; June 7, 1892: Homer A. Plessy was arrested
- 7 - Federal Highway Administration - U.S. Department of ... - Oct 17, 2013 ... In 1890, Governor Francis T. Nicholls of Louisiana approved the Separate Car
Act, which required white passengers to travel in white rail cars, ...