Monday, Apr 27, 2015
Museum of Learning
Explore a Virtual Museum of Knowledge
Liver Transplantation: Controversy Over Eligibility For Alcoholics
Related Resources :: Liver Transplantation Controversy Over Eligibility ...
- When alcohol abstinence criteria create ethical dilemmas for the ... - Additionally, alcoholic cirrhosis has been a controversial indication for transplant
as these ... While not categorically denying liver transplantation to those with
alcoholic .... help, rather than hide, if the six month rule is not hanging over their
heads. ... transplant eligibility criterion (the “magic number”) is ethically
- Liver transplantation in alcoholic liver disease - UpToDate - Dec 4, 2013 ... After initial reluctance to transplant patients with alcoholic liver disease, it is now
... alcohol relapse after liver transplantation: results from 387 patients over 15
years. ... Controversies in patient selection for liver transplantation.
- Should alcoholics be eligible for lifesaving liver transplants? - latimes - Nov 10, 2011 ... Should alcoholics who have blown out their livers be eligible to receive new
livers from organ donors? ... happen to these patients if they were allowed to
qualify for liver transplants sooner. ... Adoptive parents speak up over mother who
sent back Russian boy ... Transplant Scandal Puts CEO on Leave
- Transplant Surgery - Alcoholic Liver Disease - Even as few as three drinks at one time may have toxic effects on the liver when
combined with certain over-the-counter medications, such as those containing ...
- Should Alcoholics Get Liver Transplants? - ABC News - Nov 10, 2011 ... Liver Transplant Can Give Some Alcoholics a Second Chance, Says French
Study ... "This is a truly controversial subject," said Teperman.