Wednesday, Apr 1, 2015
Museum of Learning
Explore a Virtual Museum of Knowledge
KM ML-4000: The End Of Diesel-hydraulic Power
Image Gallery :: KM ML-4000 The End Of ...
** images are derived based on close guess matching, may not be exact. - Thumbnail images link to source website and full size image and additional content.
Related Resources :: KM ML-4000 The End Of ...
- The Krauss-Maffei ML-4000 Diesel-Hydraulic Locomotive - The Krauss-Maffei ML-4000 was a unique, German-built road-switcher ... to
transfer power from the prime mover to wheels a hydraulic transmission was
employed. ... the ML-4000's entitled, "A Week End In The Rockies With The KM's,"
- The impossible just takes a little while longer - Railfan & Railroad - Jun 9, 2013 ... If the promised diesel-hydraulic adhesion factors of up to 33% weren't ... these
German-American hybrids also delivered 4000hp per unit! ... But their power was
strictly European: twin Maybach Mercedes-Benz ... home factory is 6,000 miles
and fifty years distant creates an entirely ... D&H North End at Night ...
- Southern Pacific Camera Car ex Krauss-Maffei ML-4000 - ex SP Krauss-Maffei ML-4000 #9113 nee #9010 ... The only survivor of the fleet
of German built diesel hydraulics SP 8799 ex SPMW 1166 nee SP #1, ... It
underwent a number of modifications to the front end detail, mostly involving ...
page 30 - line drawings of the later KM's; SP 1973 Motive Power Annual page 89
- photo ...
- Krauss-Maffei Cab Units - The first six ML4000's of 1961 were referred to by K-M as "Prototypen", while the
... with direct-geared hydraulic transmissions, delivering 33% adhesion factors --
at a ... dwarfed all European power of the day, and most American diesels as well
! ... could run in the last throttle notch for hours on end, climb mile-high grades in
- HO SP exotic power: Krauss Maffei ML4000, Alcos "Century" C630 ... - Feb 13, 2013 ... The Krauss Maffei (KM Ml4000) it is an Overland model with customized ... KM in
US ,SP unfamiliarity with maintenance of diesel hydraulic locomotives ... it was a
sacrilege to modify a SD40T-2 to install BB trucks is both ends.