Tuesday, Sep 2, 2014
Museum of Learning
Explore a Virtual Museum of Knowledge
KM ML-4000: The End Of Diesel-hydraulic Power
Image Gallery :: KM ML-4000 The End Of ...
** images are derived based on close guess matching, may not be exact. - Thumbnail images link to source website and full size image and additional content.
Related Resources :: KM ML-4000 The End Of ...
- Krauss-Maffei Cab Units - The first six ML4000's of 1961 were referred to by K-M as "Prototypen", while the
... with direct-geared hydraulic transmissions, delivering 33% adhesion factors --
at a ... dwarfed all European power of the day, and most American diesels as well
! ... could run in the last throttle notch for hours on end, climb mile-high grades in
- Southern Pacific Camera Car ex Krauss-Maffei ML-4000 - ex SP Krauss-Maffei ML-4000 #9113 nee #9010 ... The only survivor of the fleet
of German built diesel hydraulics SP 8799 ex SPMW 1166 nee SP #1, ... It
underwent a number of modifications to the front end detail, mostly involving ...
page 30 - line drawings of the later KM's; SP 1973 Motive Power Annual page 89
- photo ...
- Oil-Electric: 200th Posting! Krauss-Maffei Camera Car! - 4. Mai 2008 ... A couple of Krauss-Maffei ML-4000's! ... each ordered three ML-4000 diesel-
hydraulics, from Krausse-Maffei AG ... I would consider the diesel-hydraulic drive
system mechanical ... The mechanical nightmare mercifully came to an end after
six short years, with all units ending up on the scrap heap in 1967.
- Rio Grande Diesel Roster, Part 3 - UtahRails.net - Feb 17, 2014 ... Roster listing of Rio Grande diesel locomotives, Part 3. ... of the Denver & Rio
Grande Western Railroad, from K-M ML4000 no. 4001 through EMD SD50 no.
5517. ***. Krauss-Maffei ML4000 — 3 units ... Diesel-hydraulic design. d. ... on
both ends, two units had a snowplow installed to only the front end, and ...
- locomotive (vehicle) :: Types of diesel motive power -- Encyclopedia ... - Although motive power for a train-set can be incorporated into a car that also has
... Locomotives (10 to 4,000 horsepower), which may have mechanical
transmission if very low-powered or hydraulic transmission ... In 1987 one of
these sets established a world speed record for diesel traction of 238 km (148
miles) per hour.