Friday, Sep 19, 2014
Museum of Learning
Explore a Virtual Museum of Knowledge
Iliad: Influence On The Arts And Literature
Image Gallery :: Iliad Influence On The Arts ...
** images are derived based on close guess matching, may not be exact. - Thumbnail images link to source website and full size image and additional content.
Related Resources :: Iliad Influence On The Arts ...
- Greece, A History of Ancient Greece, GREEK LITERATURE - Ancient Sparta · Art, Literature and Philosophy · Creativity ... The only body of
literature of comparable influence is the Bible. The language in ... While the 'Iliad'
is pure tragedy, the 'Odyssey' is a mixture of tragedy and comedy. It is the story of
- History Blog: The Influence of Homer - Oct 27, 2007 ... The Greeks were a huge influence on speech, government, schooling,
philosophy, science, art, and poetry. The Roman Empire was developed ...
- Homer - The Greatest Literature of All Time - Editor Eric - HOMER. c. 800–700 BCE. Poet. Greatest Literature: • Iliad (c. 800 BCE) ... Many
notable literary figures have acclaimed the Iliad as a transporting work of art. ...
poet Homer has had an awesome influence over the past three thousand years.
- HISTORY OF GREEK LITERATURE - : from 1000 BC. Two great reservoirs of source material for European literature (
and indeed for all European art) ...
- Literary Predecessors of the Aeneid - CliffsNotes - The foremost influence on Virgil was Homer, the Greek poet who composed the
... studied Homeric epic poetry in order to develop his own artistic techniques.